Recycled decorative candles
and environmental sustainability
Our candles are the most ecological in the world
At The Greatest Candle, we develop and sell 100 per cent ecological decorative solutions (candles and powder for candles). These are a result of a process that encourages recycling, so that people of all ages, including children, learn to love their own rubbish.
Our overriding goal is to get everyone to become more aware of the environment and take responsibility for more efficient management of waste oils from the kitchen or cosmetic products. In this way, waste and the ecological footprint are reduced.
Opt for products that are natural, non-polluting, energy efficient, not tested on animals, and that can be totally personalized in accordance with each person’s tastes in the “Do it yourself” category.
Help make our planet greener, healthy and sustainable and keep at home or work one of our “world’s most ecological candles.” Choosing from our range, you can create your own surroundings and at the same time protect the environment.
The environmental impact of used oils
Water and oil consumption
In the space of five days, a European citizen consumes on average around 1,000 liters of drinking water, either from a tap or a bottle. On the other hand, for every liter of used cooking oil which is not properly recycled we are polluting 1,000 liters of water.
In 90% of cases, cooking oil is disposed of down the sink. Because it forms a film that prevents the circulation of oxygen, it is hard to remove from pipes, making it for that reason one of the main causes of water contamination.
In the space of one year, more than 40 billion metric tons of vegetable oils are consumed. More than half creates waste in quantities that could, for example, change the properties of the water in the entire Baltic Sea.
Advantages of making candles from recycled oils
of making candles from recycled oils
- It is a quick, economic, useful and intelligent solution to an environmental problem
- The candles are made from rubbish, not resources, thus avoiding natural waste
- The raw material (powder and oil) is 100% vegetable in origin (vegan products)
- Low electricity consumption in manufacture: two minutes in a microwave
- No trace of allergens, heavy metals or carcinogenic elements
- Pure cotton wicks which have no traces of lead
- Nine French fragrances that are totally ecological and long-lasting
- Energy efficient: slow and clean burning (burns longer)
- Last longer than paraffin candles (made from petroleum)
- Neutral carbon footprint, releasing no toxins
- Never puts in peril the consumer’s health
- Prevents the contamination of drains, groundwater, rivers and the sea
- Our products are not used for cruel testing on animals
- They meet all European norms on the environment and safety
- Certified, patented technology and subjected to stringent tests at international laboratories